Thursday 6 January 2022

Getting it Right in Camera

The challenge was "Blue". I wasn't feeling inspired but I was determined to enter something. It was the final day of the challenge and I had nothing.

It was during a period in which Covid numbers were low, so I was able to go on with my life in something approaching a normal manner. Trouble was that though there were interesting things around, none of them were blue. But this line of grey doors looked interesting. 

Changing the colour of an image in Photoshop is easy, but for this particular challenge no editing was allowed. All changes had to be done in camera. 

No problem. All I had to do was make a couple of changes to my normal settings. First change my white balance. Then I decided this scene would work best as a square, so that required another change to my settings. 

So much easier than my usual workflow where editing takes a lot more time than getting the shot.

Unfortunately my preference for black and white images means I can't often work this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment