Monday 3 January 2022

Stop Right There

The date was April 1st 2020. South Africa had been in lockdown for four days. At that stage the lockdown was expected to last for 21 days; then it was extended for another two weeks before restrictions were eased slightly. But my own personal restrictions remained in place for a lot longer.

By nature I'm an extremely nervous person and I was particularly concerned about the safety of my elderly mother, so it was to be five months before I could pluck up the courage to go anywhere. In all that time I hadn't even been close to a supermarket, opting to order all our groceries online. But five months later it was a decision I'd come to regret. Returning to a new reality was hard.

But back in April 2020 a three week break from normal life didn't seem that serious.

This was another challenge photo. The challenge was "Exiled in Pandemia". My title was "Stop Right There".



No comments:

Post a Comment