Friday 8 July 2016

A New Direction

When I started this blog my intention was to share a photo every day.

As I can sometimes go days at a time without taking any photos, this meant that I would often need to go digging into my archives for interesting shots, then editing them to look their best here. Some days it was fun, others it just felt like hard work. Committing to doing something every day regardless of whether I could spare the time or not was clearly a mistake.

At the same time I sometimes feel that I want to write about things that aren't related to my photos. As I already have a second blog focusing on my bonsai trees, I didn't want to commit to any more.

For a while I toyed with the idea of giving up on this blog and starting a new one from scratch, but I felt that doing so would be wasting the time and effort I'd already put into this one. I actually quite like some of my posts though there are a few that I may delete in time.

This post marks a new direction for my blog, and with it a new name. I'll try to keep it quirky :)



Linking up with The Ultimate Rabbit Hole and The Weekend in Black and White.

13 comments:

  1. good restart/redirecting! yes, a photo a day is quite a commitment. I was toying with it but never had courage to commit.what an appropriate image for your decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was lucky that I knew where to find a suitable photo in my archive.

      Delete
  2. Great contrast and pattern. I like the light glow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Converting to black and white helped a lot.

      Delete
  3. I love these b&w pics of street markings. they offer such great contrasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been focusing a lot on black and white lately. Maybe I've finally found my photographic niche.

      Delete
  4. A photo a day is much harder than it sounds - I sometimes do the Fat Mum Slim Photo a Day Challenge and is is a challenge, my record is one month, so good for you for having made it into a blog! Wishing you all good things for your new quirky direction. Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would never have made it as long as I did without using old photos.

      Delete
  5. I look forward to seeing where you take this project and this is a really excellent image

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you!!! It's nice to have a fresh direction! Keep those old posts - they'll be awesome memories one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep most of them, but I might delete a few.

      Delete