Sunday 29 May 2016

Me and My Shadow

This moth wasn't nearly as spectacular as the one I shared yesterday, and the photo would almost certainly  have lacked interest but for some lucky lighting. I wish I knew what made him position himself so perfectly facing into his shadow.

It's been quite a while since I took this photo and I can't remember what I was actually shooting that evening, but I was using my extension tubes and had the camera on a tripod, so everything was set up perfectly when I spotted this moth on the wall. He was really tiny - much, much smaller than he appears in this picture.


I wish I'd seen him with his wings spread out, but no doubt if I'd tried to get him to move he'd have flown away.



Linking up to ShadowShotSunday and Camera-Critters.

8 comments:

  1. I am happy you shared this photo. It is a lovely image and a wonderful moth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this image a lot- very interesting details and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nature is an artist. You and nature are the wonderful collaboration. Thank you for beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. Nature was very kind to me with this one.

      Delete