Saturday 21 May 2016

The Fly

When looking for subjects for my photos, I try to look beyond the obvious.

A couple of weeks ago I had to fetch a friend from her flat and while waiting for her to come down to the car I was looking around to see if anything interesting caught my eye. It didn't take long to find something.

When she arrived she saw me taking photos and asked if I was shooting a pretty orange flower that was growing close to where I stood.

I wasn't. The tiny subject that captured my attention was this fly.


Although I don't have a dedicated macro lens, I was quite pleased with the amount of detail my camera managed to capture. At full size one can see lots of tiny hairs and there's also quite a bit of colour in a creature that appears black to the human eye.




 If you would like to use this image, you can download a high resolution copy free of charge at Stockvault.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment