Wednesday 25 May 2016

Urban Forest

Some people claim that Johannesburg is the world's largest man made forest. In fact there's even a Facebook community celebrating that idea.

Others dispute that a city can be called a forest, but regardless Johannesburg certainly has a lot of trees.

These photos was taken on a sunny summer afternoon in 2014, while I was caught in a traffic jam.

There are masses of these pine trees growing on an island in the middle of the road, separating the traffic going in opposite directions. If you look closely you can just catch a glimpse of some of the cars headed the other way.


Several pedestrians walked past us while the traffic refused to budge.


Sometimes being in a car isn't the quickest way to reach your destination!



This post is part of Outdoor Wednesday and Friday Greens.

5 comments:

  1. I am happy to see so many trees in an urban area.
    JM, Illinois-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having so many trees around. Growing bonsai is my passion so I'm always looking at the trees I pass for inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is often quicker to walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, but I try not to drive at peak hour. That makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for joining us at the Friday Greens meme.

    ReplyDelete