Wednesday 8 June 2016

Caterpillars

Every now and then I'll come across a caterpillar on one of my bonsai trees. That's not good news because if I let them stay there, they can strip all the leaves off one of my little trees quite quickly.

However, as a photographer, I love to come across a pretty caterpillar and can't resist getting a quick photo of it before I relocate it to one of the bigger plants in the garden where it can't do too much damage.


These are two that I came across a couple of years ago.


Both photos are part of my Stockvault portfolio, so feel free to download higher resolution copies free of charge for non-commercial use.


Linking up with Macro MondayI Heart Macro, Camera Critters and Friday Greens.

5 comments:

  1. VERY different. Almost hard to believe that they are the same species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two caterpillars are intriguing colours. The first one looks so shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating in last week's Friday Greens, I look forward to your next contribution, Gina.

    ReplyDelete